ALL DOG LOVERS

For me and others, it's not " just a dog " it's an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. " just a dog " brings out what's good in me and moves my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.........

About Me

My photo
Sacramento, Ca, United States

My Widget

INFORMATIVE PAST ANIMAL RADIO SHOWS.............

Listen to internet radio with ATN on Blog Talk Radio

ALL ANIMAL BLOG RADIO

Listen to internet radio with ATN on Blog Talk Radio

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

CURCUMIN 95


Translating all this evidence into the K9 context, turmeric is a dogsend for senior hounds, especially those that are experiencing arthritis and slower cognitive function. I never want my darling dogs to endure the terror of dementia, if I can help it, or the discomfort of sore, painful joints. And I want to do all I can to ensure that my treasured Tiki never has a recurrence of cancer. So for a while now, I’ve made a point of sprinkling turmeric over my dogs’ food every single day.

If you want to be hardcore about deriving the maximum nutritional benefit from turmeric, consider taking curcumin supplements yourself as well as administering them to your dog. Curcumin is also known as C.I. 75300, or Natural Yellow 3.

As of a few weeks ago, I decided to boost my eldest canines’ intake of turmeric’s healing properties by opening high-potency curcumin capsules over their food. For as long as I possibly can, I plan to prevent dementia from clouding my dogs’ beautiful minds.

Turmeric blends exceptionally well with the cinnamon I also add to my beloved dogs’ bowls. Since both are key ingredients in curry powder, together these two scintillating spices transform every dog meal into a fragrant K9 curryfest.

Thus far, I’m thrilled to report that none of the dogs (or their tummies) has lodged any complaints about the mysterious, earthy, yellow-orange spice that – to paraphrase Emeril Lagasse – can be counted on to kick their kibble up a notch.

Bone appetit!

Pet Friendly Hotels